so What is Hypnobirthing?
Don’t let the name put you off! Hypnobirthing is a practical programme that gives you;
- The tools for a calm & confident birth
Visualisations and relaxations combined with simple breathing techniques to enter a state of deep and focussed relaxation.
- Complete antenatal information
All the things you want to know about the birth process – the science, the evidence and the practicalities. You’ll leave feeling informed and empowered. it works alongside OR instead of any other antenatal classes you choose to take
- A safe space to chat about birth
All the questions you want to ask; interventions, birthing pools, hospitals, in fact pretty much anything. There’s a place for hypnobirthing at all births.
How Hypnobirthing benefits a mother:
- Helps you to work with your body, which is designed to give birth
- Empowers you to make informed choices about your care
- Inspires you to connect with your body and work with your instincts
- Promotes confidence and calmness to replace fear and negativity
- Contributes towards a more enjoyable and relaxed pregnancy and birth
Benefits for the birth partner:
- Gives them a well-defined role to play in the birth of your child
- Inspires confidence in the birthing process
- Equips them with practical tools and techniques to help mama relax before and during birth
- Provides them with the necessary knowledge to ask midwives and doctors the right questions, helping the couple make informed choices
- Promotes playing an active role in pregnancy and birth. Can help build a closer bond with mama and baby
BENEFITS FOR THE Baby:
- Enhanced pre natal bonding with parents
- A calm relaxed mum helps baby to regulate their emotions in the 3rd trimester.
WHAT HYPNOBIRTHING ISN’T:
- You being told there is a right/wrong/best way to give birth. Only what’s right for you
- Where you have to stay silent at the birth…that’s Scientology!
- A replacement for good medical advice. I actively encourage you to build a solid partnership with your care providers.