If you are feeling stressed out and shit scared about birth then you’re in the right place.
As a first time Mum-to- be, everything just feels so unknown, You just don’t know what to expect, right?
And what about all the things that can go wrong? I’m guessing you have heard lots of horror stories about birth and not many good ones.
If you are the sort of person who spends more time worrying about what might go wrong than feeling excited about birth then stick around to hear more about Hypnobirthing.
Our Hypnobirthing courses are designed to take you;
From Stressed out to STRONG
From EEEK to EXCITED
From Scared to PREPARED
what is hypnobirthing?
You’ll get practical support about how to trust your body and brain to just do their thing because giving birth IS scary, right?
- You’ll learn powerful techniques to use whether you choose to homebirth in your front room or at the hospital with ALL the drugs.
- You’ll come away with all the strategies and skills to step confidently into being a brilliant new parent.
- You don’t like bullshit and neither do we; you’ll get evidence based advice and straight talking.
- You won’t get Cath Kidson and Coldplay, and you won’t get boring biology lesson. You’ll get real birth insights and information from people who understand modern life.
- You’ll never get told it’s easy, but you’ll get everything you need to feel 100% prepared. You’ll get a set of tools to take control of ANY situation.
- AND answers to all the questions you’ve been too afraid to ask; interventions, tearing, will I poo in labour…you get the drift!
- Importance of Mind body connection and Mindset
- The importance of staying calm and how to breathe
- A whistle-stop tour of your birthing hormones.
- What’s happening in the body when you birth and how to breathe
- Tools to think more positively
- Creating the ideal environment for birth
- Choosing your birth team
- Birth partner support and working as a team
- Physical preparation for birth
- Preventing tearing
- Positions for birth
- How to decide where to give birth
- Dealing with ‘what ifs’
- How to ask questions and make decisions that are right for you.
- What if our baby is breech
- What if our baby is born by cesarean
- What if my baby is ‘late’ and induction
- Coping strategies and comfort measures including your pain relief options.
- Early Signs of labour in the first stage AKA how will I know?
- The second stage of labour and how to breathe.
- Birthing your placenta and what to do with it
- The golden hour and decisions to make after your baby is born
what hypnobirthing isn’t
- A replacement for good medical advice. We encourage you to build a good relationship with your care providers.
- A guarantee of a picture perfect birth; what you will get is a set of tools to take control of ANY situation.
- A Magic wand; There are new skills to learn and these take practice but we are there to support you every step of the way!
How hypnobirthing benefits a mama
- Helps you to work with your body, which is designed to give birth
- Empowers you to make informed choices about your care
- Inspires you to connect with your body on a daily basis and work with your instincts
- Feel calm, confident and as prepared as possible for tge biggest day of your life
- Contributes towards a more enjoyable and relaxed pregnancy and birth
- Helps you work as a team with your partner
How Hypnobirthing benefits a birth partner
- Gets you involved and feeling useful!
- Inspires your confidence in the birthing process
- Gives you loads of practical tools and techniques to help mama relax andde-stress both before and during the birth
- Provides you with the knowledge needed to ask midwives and doctors the right questions, helping you make informed choices together.
- Encourages you playing an active role in pregnancy and birth. Can help build a closer bond with mama and baby
How hypnobirthing benefits your baby
- Enhanced pre natal bonding means they can get to know parents before they are born
- A calm relaxed mama helps to teach baby to regulate their emotions in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy